acne · bad habits · cleansers · self care · skin care · skincare tips ·
10 Tips For Better Skin
Healthy skin is really one of the most important ingredients for beauty-enhancement. This article on skin care tips is an effort to bring the 10 best skin care tips to you. The list of skin care tips has been restricted to 10 because anything more that that would not only be difficult to remember, but also shadow the more important skin care tips. So let’s see what these top ten skin care tips are:
- Knowing your skin type is one of the most important skin care tips. This is important because not every skin care product suits everyone. In fact, all the skin care products specify the type of skin they cater too.
- Drink a lot of water. This will not keep your skin moist but will help in overall upkeep of your health (and in turn your skin). It might seem a bit awkward to some, however, this is an important skin care tip.
- Cleanse your skin regularly (1-2 times everyday). A very effective skin care tip that helps in getting rid of the dirt and other harsh elements from your skin. Cleansing is especially important when you have been out of your house (and hence exposed to pollutants, dust etc). This skin care tip also advocates the use of lukewarm water for cleansing (hot and cold water, both, cause damage to your skin). We recommend a cleanser rich in antioxidants, like Cleanse Me! w/ Turmeric to protect against the elements and free-radicals and leave your skin feeling clean and moisturized.
- Be gentle, after all it’s your skin. Don’t scrub/exfoliate too hard or too often. Similarly, don’t apply too much or too many skin care products.
- Keep your skin moist at all times. This is one of the most important skin care tip. Don’t let your skin get dry. Dryness causes the outer layer of your skin to break, leading to a rough and unattractive appearance. Dehydrated skin also leads to oily skin. Your skin response to dryness is to produce more oil. Use moisturizers/ emollients. You want to use a product that contains hyaluronic acids, like Hydrate Me! HA Moisturizer to hydrate the deep layers of your skin. Moisturizers work best when applied while the skin is still damp.
- Avoid the use of soap on your face. Soap should only be used from below the neck. A small but important skin care tip.
- Use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful UV radiations. You can use day-time moisturisers that have sunscreen built into them. Use them even when it’s cloudy. UV radiations are known to cause skin cancer, so follow this skin care tip without fail. Wearing sunscreen is especially important when using any chemical exfoliators or serums such as Tone & Renew Me! 7% Glycolic Toner, as this may make the skin more photosensitive. We recommend a mineral sunscreen, like Protect Me! Tinted Mineral Sunscreen, because mineral sunscreens actually block UV rays from the sun whereas traditional sunscreens absorb UV rays.
- A bit of exercise and good sleep are essential too, not just for skin care but for your health as a whole. Lack of sleep can lead to formation of wrinkles below your eyes and lack of exercise can cause your skin to slack. Moreover, exercise and sleep also help in beating stress. So besides being a skin care tip, this is also a health care tip.
- Treat skin dilemmas with care. This skin care tip is about not ignoring any skin dilemmas. Consult your dermatologist before you go on to use a skin care product (lest you do end up harming your skin even more).
- Beat the stress. The harmful effects of stress are known to everyone, however, sometimes stating the obvious is essential too (and hence this skin care tip found its place here). Yes, stress harms skin too. So, take a break or indulge in a warm bubble bath or just get good sleep.
Dejar un comentario